- Order autumn and spring flowering bulbs. Autumn varieties also need to be planted this month.
- Pruning your wisteria this month will not only tidy it up but will also divert its energy from producing tendrils to producing flower buds for next year
- Last chance to buy bedding plants to brighten your autumn, winter and spring garden
- Rambling roses that have finished flowering can now be pruned
- Continue picking sweet peas and removing any seed heads. Also mulch, feed and water. They’ll be finished all too soon.
- Keep an eye on the level of water in your pond and top up from the hose when necessary. This will also help to oxygenate the water.
- Water, feed, deadhead. Water, feed, deadhead. And keep repeating.
- To avoid that empty garden winter look plant some evergreens
- Some hardy annuals can be sown direct in their flowering positions meaning early flowers next spring/summer.
- Sow lettuce, onion and pak choi seedshub.suttons.co.uk/newsletter/august-2016-newsletter