Wilsden Gardening Association
16 September 2018
The show was held on 16 September 2018 at Wilsden Village Hall
Thanks to everyone who visited and joined in the show, there were some fantastic exhibits from young and old, from jams to cakes, to fruit, vegetables and flowers - a fantastic display so thanks to all. It was a very successful event with plenty of visitors and we were lucky enough to get the sunshine in the end.
The band entertained visitors downstairs in the hall and tea and cakes went down well.
Many thanks to the judges and all the volunteers - it takes a lot to put on a show like this. special thanks to our chair Roger Golton the mastermind behind the event!
Wilsden is a Yorkshire Pennine Village, between Bradford and Keighley, about 5 miles from Haworth and 8 from Ilkley moor.
Wilsden Gardening Association WGA was founded in 1976 and serves the people of Wilsden, Bradford and surrounding villages.
We are always looking for new members.
The Aims of the Association
1. To promote the interest of all members in their gardening activities and to take joint action for the benefit of members.
2. To conduct negotiations with the local authority and private landlords for the use of gardening land.
3. To take action to protect allotment holders against damage, trespass and theft.
4. To obtain and supply seeds, fertilisers, tools and other horticultural equipment on behalf of members.
5. To arrange lectures, filmshows, demonstrations, competitions and other social events.
6. To co-operate with other gardening associations in matters of mutual interest.
7. To foster pride in the village.