Wilsden Gardening Association
13 May 2018
The spring fayre was held on 13 May 2018 at Wilsden Village Hall
Thanks to everyone who visited and to all the stallholders. It was a very successful event with plenty of visitors in the sunshine. The band entertained visitors and tea and cakes went down well.
The next major event is the show - book the date now Sunday 16 September 2018.
Before then don't forget it is the village gala Sunday 1 July 2018.
Wilsden is a Yorkshire Pennine Village, between Bradford and Keighley, about 5 miles from Haworth and 8 from Ilkley moor.
Wilsden Gardening Association WGA was founded in 1976 and serves the people of Wilsden, Bradford and surrounding villages.
We are always looking for new members.
The Aims of the Association
1. To promote the interest of all members in their gardening activities and to take joint action for the benefit of members.
2. To conduct negotiations with the local authority and private landlords for the use of gardening land.
3. To take action to protect allotment holders against damage, trespass and theft.
4. To obtain and supply seeds, fertilisers, tools and other horticultural equipment on behalf of members.
5. To arrange lectures, filmshows, demonstrations, competitions and other social events.
6. To co-operate with other gardening associations in matters of mutual interest.
7. To foster pride in the village.