Wilsden is a Yorkshire Pennine Village, between Bradford and Keighley, about 5 miles from Haworth and 8 from Ilkley moor.
Wilsden Gardening Association WGA was founded in 1976 and serves the people of Wilsden, Bradford and surrounding villages.
We are always looking for new members.
Wilsden Gardening Association Annual General Meeting was held Monday 25 February 2019. Details of the items discussed to follow shortly.
Why don't you consider becoming a member - a bargain at £5 a year. This gives you access to discounted items sold through the hut behind St Matthew's church each Sunday.
The Aims of the Association
1. To promote the interest of all members in their gardening activities and to take joint action for the benefit of members.
2. To conduct negotiations with the local authority and private landlords for the use of gardening land.
3. To take action to protect allotment holders against damage, trespass and theft.
4. To obtain and supply seeds, fertilisers, tools and other horticultural equipment on behalf of members.
5. To arrange lectures, filmshows, demonstrations, competitions and other social events.
6. To co-operate with other gardening associations in matters of mutual interest.
7. To foster pride in the village.